The Society membership is composed of justices, judges, attorneys, professors of law, historians, law students, and others who have a genuine interest in Louisiana’s rich legal heritage. The officers and members cordially invite you to join us in the important and exciting work of the Society.
Your membership provides you with the following:
- Invitations to all Society-sponsored educational and social events, including free lectures, continuing legal education (CLE) programs, and receptions.
- Subscription to De Novo, the newsletter of the Law Library of Louisiana, which publishes Historical Society news and articles on Louisiana legal history.
- Participation in the Annual Membership Meeting.
We also welcome your active participation on the Society’s Program Committee, Membership Committee, and/or Website Committee.
Member dues and contributions support the Louisiana Supreme Court Museum and other educational programs and events fostering Louisiana legal history. The four membership levels are:
- Regular or Renewing Member $ 100.00*
- Contributing Member $ 200.00*
- Sustaining Member $ 1,000.00
- Life Member $ 5,000.00
* covers two years of membership dues
Join the currently more than 310 Society members.Download Membership Form